MORRIS J TYPE

I removed the drivers seat some time ago so while waiting for the new rear shockers (I have been promised some next week from a contact of Roland's) I stripped it and repainted it in black


The existing seat squab and back were put to shame and needed re covering. My wife Sally reminded me that she had some leather found in a skip, She like me is an ardent "salvager"
We looked it out, the choice of colours was a realy bright Pink, Bright Red, Mauve, Maroon and a Moss Green which I chose, I had already earmarked the Maroon for some retrimming on the MGA .













Sally set about cutting pattern peices marking cutting out the leather and sewing it together and within two houres both seat squab and back were re covered in leather Dont you think it looks fantastic ?























Comments

  1. Hi Blackshed - Saw this post the other night, what a smart looking seat and a clever Sally! This is just what Bugly needs, as all I have is the base plinth. Certainly would appreciate the details we discussed by email. I should send some dark brown vinyl over for Sally to make up a cover for it! (LOL)

    Cheers - Bugly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts