MORRIS J TYPE











Rear Chassis
.
I have now finished cleaning the surface rust and crud from the rear half of the chassis and back axle along with the rear springs
and given them a coat of paint . I used Hammerite satin black I think it looks splendid. I have used it before with very good and long lasting results.
I have not used it on the springs as I think it is too thick I have just cleaned, de-rusted and lubricated them with vegetable oil it has always worked for me before.
New plywood floor and inner wings next . Still trying to find new shockers which I would like to fit before the new floor as access is much simpler. While trying to track them down I will clean the rest of the chassis each side and fit the new battery tray and re fit the fuel tank which I have flushed out and painted .I will make up a new fuel pipe at the same time as there is an old fracture joined by a small flexible section near to the tank although it has been like it for years with out any problem.

Comments

  1. Looking good. The chassis and gear looks like new in the photo! Keep up the posts, they are most interesting!

    Cheers - Bugly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts