ON THE BENCH JOBS: I have removed the heater ( yes a J type with a heater ) in order to rebuild it .Two of the mounting studs were broken one by me removing it the other was already broken. So I decided to make a repair rather than fabricate new ones by cutting of the broken section drilling and tapping out the remainder and inserting a stud of the correct length with a locking nut. see photo showing repaired stud top ,original stud middle and broken stud bottom.
The job was made easier by using my trusty Atlas Lathe. This could be done by hand if you don't have a lathe to hand.










After stripping down the heater and establishing that the heat exchanger coil as far as I can see is sound all the parts have been painted and await re assembly.
I found that the Heater Rheostat switch is broken which prevents it from working.I have found a new one on a Land Rover Spares web site but I think it is too expensive anyone out there got one?

Comments

Popular Posts