Tuesday, 17 February 2009












I spent today clearing the site for the workshop extension and jet washed the brick wall and concrete slab.Both the wall and slab were built sometime .The J type lived in this area for three years without moving so I had not had a chance to have a good clear up before. This should give me an extra 20' 0" x 18' 0" of workshop/storage space.
I have decided that it is about time I extended the workshop so I spent sometime last week at a demolition site salvaging timber and dragging it back home . I also got a roller shutter door (remote electrically operated) from the same site . The only down side is that I had to spend the week end de-nailing but overall very worth while . Now trying to find an economic source for corrugated iron roofing.
The new shockers have arrived £70 for a set of four
very good value I thought . If you need details of supplier contact Roland or me and we will pass on the phone number. I have not fitted them yet but I have fitted and painted the other other rear inner wing.

Monday, 9 February 2009

I have fitted and painted the new inner wing on one side with small spacers to allow the floor to be fitted later .
At the same time I have fitted new Stainless captive nuts with stainless bolts and re fitted the old wings after cleaning off the rust on the inside and giving them a quick coat of paint.I will take them off at a later date and restore them properly .I am keen to get the van back in a drivable state as soon as possible so that at least I will be able to move it in and out of the workshop to enable me to use the space for other things. Although today my Demolition contractor friend has come up with a lot of good timber so that I can extend the workshop so that might be the next project.

Wednesday, 4 February 2009

NOW SOLD A few more photos of the new Minor Pickup this time in daylight.






Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Today a new addition to my stable I have just bought this 1972 Morris Minor pickup truck I have been looking for one for a while to use as my daily driver. It is as good as it looks and has obviously had a great deal spent on it ,it was kept on a farm locally and has only done 80 miles since its last MOT .It needs a new battery it wont hold a charge in this cold weather and the brakes feel like they have a bit of rust in the drums. More news on this later.


Sunday, 1 February 2009

I removed the drivers seat some time ago so while waiting for the new rear shockers (I have been promised some next week from a contact of Roland's) I stripped it and repainted it in black


The existing seat squab and back were put to shame and needed re covering. My wife Sally reminded me that she had some leather found in a skip, She like me is an ardent "salvager"
We looked it out, the choice of colours was a realy bright Pink, Bright Red, Mauve, Maroon and a Moss Green which I chose, I had already earmarked the Maroon for some retrimming on the MGA .













Sally set about cutting pattern peices marking cutting out the leather and sewing it together and within two houres both seat squab and back were re covered in leather Dont you think it looks fantastic ?























This week I was contacted by a friend who is involved demolition " What's that old van you got mate,I found some books on a site we just dun Morris I think " he dropped them round on Saturday morning . A 'J' Type hand book a JB Workshop manual and similar for a JU 250
Written inside both the 'J'type manual and handbook are
Eng.No. BP15JB/4/421 chassis No. JB/MR36543
anyone recognise these numbers ,if so I would be happy to do some kind of deal if you want to reunite them with your vehicle. I am doing some research into the joinery works that was demolished to find details of the company who once owned the JB Van'.


Tuesday, 27 January 2009











Rear Chassis
.
I have now finished cleaning the surface rust and crud from the rear half of the chassis and back axle along with the rear springs
and given them a coat of paint . I used Hammerite satin black I think it looks splendid. I have used it before with very good and long lasting results.
I have not used it on the springs as I think it is too thick I have just cleaned, de-rusted and lubricated them with vegetable oil it has always worked for me before.
New plywood floor and inner wings next . Still trying to find new shockers which I would like to fit before the new floor as access is much simpler. While trying to track them down I will clean the rest of the chassis each side and fit the new battery tray and re fit the fuel tank which I have flushed out and painted .I will make up a new fuel pipe at the same time as there is an old fracture joined by a small flexible section near to the tank although it has been like it for years with out any problem.

FOR SALE DISC BRAKE CONVERSION FOR MORRIS MINOR . Brand new everything you need using Ford discs and calipers (supplied ) with instructions.










































































ALSO FOR SALE REBUILT 1098cc A SERIES ENGINE and GEARBOX both to suit MORRIS MINOR NEVER FITTED

Friday, 23 January 2009


Found this in the same box as the tax disc holder

Thursday, 22 January 2009












Found this Tax Disc and 'C' licence holder in a box of bits in my shed which I will fit when the vehicle is completed I must try and find an old 'C'Licence to put in it.




The new inner wings, battery tray and step tread plates were in the parcel that arrived yesterday




















They are all very nicely made. After a bit of fine adjustment I have test fitted the inner wings ,at this point holding them in place with a few self tappers around the curved flange I will weld them later . I must get back to cleaning and painting the chassis and back axle first